Friday, July 29, 2005

"A Pretty Heavy Straw"

As I was watching the news, and getting ready for work tonight, I heard something that I couldn't believe. I have a short fuse, but I don't recall becoming so angry so fast any time recently. I honestly was paying half-attention, until I heard the story of another drunk driver killing another innocent person. This is a staple of the evening news, but this case was particularly disturbing. some of the things the reporter said was that he had been arrested for DWI six times, convicted three times, and faces -- get this -- maximum 15 years if convicted of his current charges. THAT's IT?!?!?! What in the hell is wrong with our justice system which allows a SOB who killed an innocent woman to serve such a slap-on-the-wrist sentence? Of course, as we all know, the odds of that drunk piece of shit serving his full sentence is next to nill anyway.

So, you now know about the straw that broke this camels back.

The report is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home